Thursday, February 4, 2010

Nosh-i-guchi, an Introduction



Nosh: A Yiddish word defined in Webster's as "to eat on the sly" or " to eat a snack" like "noshing on pizza." Mmmmm, noshing. A wonderful and adventurous method of experiencing Portland. Apparently, it's difficult to stumble upon icky food here. And I love the word nosh, because change one letter, and it's the first syllable of my last name. Come on. Good times with words. Let's all say it together, class: Nosh-i-guchi.

So, armed with a clever name (if I do say so myself) and a plethora of deliciously exciting food at my fingertips, I've set a goal to nosh and blog this year. I may nosh at a restaurant, at a happy hour, at home or anyplace where noshing abounds. I may nosh in the present, or I might do some retroactive noshing. But mark my blog words, there will be plenty of noshing experiences to share with you folks.

Stay tuned, my fellow noshers.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm excited to read your adventures Christine! I love the play-on-words, and I would have expected nothing less from you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a great story teller. Hope that one day, you will write your children books.

    ReplyDelete